Blog

Friday, April 29, 2011

Chocolate Almond Frosting


It was the best of cupcakes; it was the....ha ha.  There's no "worst" cupcake here, but this is a tale of two cupcakes.

It was my son's 2nd birthday, and I couldn't decide what kind of cake I wanted--don't judge, he's too young to tell me!!  I REALLY wanted coconut-lime; I REALLY wanted chocolate almond.  So I made both.  Click here for Coconut-Lime Frosting.

This Chocolate Almond Frosting is super chocolate-y.  I don't like things that are "kinda" chocolate-y.  They must be super chocolate-y or something different! 



You need:

12-24 cupcakes, previously made
1/2 bag of powdered sugar
1/2 c. butter
4 oz. cream cheese
2 t. vanilla extract
2 t. almond extract
1/2 c. cocoa powder

Cream together the butter and cream cheese.

Add the extracts and cocoa; mix well.


Add the powdered sugar, mix well.


If the frosting seems too stiff, you can thin it.  You can use milk or water, however, in keeping with super chocolate-y, I added chocolate syrup!

If it is too thin, add more powdered sugar.  When it is the right consistency, beat on high for about 5 minutes, until it is creamy and smooth and perfect.


To frost your cupcakes, scoop your frosting into a pastry bag or other frosting device, frost with a butter knife, or use my fave method.  I put a gallon sized ziplock bag into a small bowl and fold the top over the sides of the bowl.

Scrape the frosting into the bag.  Pull the sides of the bag up and remove the bag from the bowl.  Press the air out of the bag and seal it.  Squeeze the frosting into a corner.  Cut about 1/4 to 1/2 inch off the corner of the bag.

 Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.

This recipe will frost 24-30 cupcakes like this:


It will frost 12-15 cupcakes like this:

I prefer lots of frosting with my cake!!


No comments:

Post a Comment