Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Tangy Glazed Chicken Wings

All right, I took a week-long hiatus as we went on an Easter vacation, and I refused to cook!  But I'm back, and here's a new creation.  Once in awhile, I think that chicken wings add a little fun to dinner, but this glaze would be equally delicious on a whole chicken, chicken pieces, pork chops, fish, and maybe even a good steak. 

You Need:

3 lbs. chicken wings
1 c. apricot or peach preserves
1/4 c. balsalmic vinegar
1 T. lemon pepper seasoning
1 T. jarred ginger/garlic mix (or 1/2 T. each)
2 T. olive oil

Scoop about a cup of preserves into a small bowl.


Add the balsalmic vinegar.


Add the lemon pepper, garlic and ginger, and olive oil.

Mix well.


Spray grill with cooking spray, or I like to use two broiling pans sprayed with cooking spray.  I do this because sometimes a little wing gets lost in the grill, and that makes me mad!!!


Turn grill to a medium heat and place wings on the pans.  Brush the glaze over the wings.


Let cook for about 10 minutes, keeping the heat between medium to medium-low.  You don't want the glaze and wings to burn.  Brush glaze on 2 more times while cooking on this side.  This is what they look like just before  you turn them.


Turn each wing over and brush with glaze.  Baste 2 more times while cooking for about 10 more minutes. 

Remove from grill when cooked through.  The juices should run clear if pierced with a knife.


I served these yummy wings with Balsalmic Green Beans, baked potatoes, and homemade Brown Sugar Wheat Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment