Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Little Cheesy Meatloaves

OK, I am not a meatloaf fan.  I never order it at restaurants, and when someone invites me to a meatloaf dinner, I am betting on eating beforehand.  However, I was invited to a friend's house for meatloaf, and this was the best surprise ever.  These are sooooo yummy!  And my kids will gobble them up.  So good.

You Need:

1 lb. ground beef
1 egg
1 c. oats
1/2 c. milk
1 c. shredded cheese
1/2 medium onion or 1 sm. onion, chopped
1 c. ketchup
1/2 c. mustard (Shameless plug for my mom's mustard.  It's called Dione's Mustard.  Email me if you want to know how you can get it.)
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 t. liquid smoke
salt and pepper

Put the first 6 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.

Mix it well.  Don't be wimpy about it.  You really need to get your hands in there working it all together.

When it's all mixed, it will look like this:

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.  Portion the meatloaf mix into 6 equal portions.  Shape into little football shaped loaves and place in the pan.


In a small mixing bowl, mix the ketchup, mustard, liquid smoke, brown sugar, salt, and pepper.  Taste as you go and add more of whatever you think it needs, or don't if it's perfect.

Pour the sauce over the little loaves.  It looks like a little sauce blanket for each meatloaf.  So cute.


Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes, or until loaves are cooked through.


Serve to a happy family.  We like ours with Regular Old Mashed Potatoes or Twice Baked Potatoes and a vegetable.


No comments:

Post a Comment