Blog

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fruit Salsa

This salsa screams summer to me.  I love to make it because I know when I do, I am going to get to BBQ outside.  This salsa is fresh, tangy, sweet, spicy, juicy.  It has it all.  It is good on chips, grilled chicken, fish, seafood.  It basically goes with EVERYTHING!

You Need:

1 pineapple
2 mangoes (that's what is already chopped in the bag.)
3 bell peppers (I had red, yellow, and orange)
1 red onion
3 tomatoes
1 jalapeno
1 bunch cilantro
3 fresh limes (I didn't have any, so I had to use bottled)

*I have also used and love to put in kiwi, peach, cucumber, and papaya.*

Dice the pineapple, mango, peppers, onion, and tomatoes into small pieces.  Think scoop-able sized pieces. Put in a large mixing bowl. 


For the next step, I use my mini food processor.  Remove the cilantro leaves from the stems as best as you can and stuff them in the food processor.  Squeeze the lime juice over the cilantro. 


Remove the stem from the jalapeno and slice length-wise.  Remove the seeds from the jalapeno (unless you want it HOT, then leave in the seeds).  Cut the jalapeno into a couple pieces and put in the food processor.

***NOTE:  Cover your hands while working with the jalapeno.  I either use disposable latex gloves or I put my hands inside two vegetable bags from the store.  Even with protection, wash your hands immediately after chopping the jalapeno, and DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE!!***

Blend the ingredients until they are sauce-y.  Pour over the top of the fruit and veggies in the bowl.  Stir to combine.


Doesn't that look like a colorful bunch of lusciousness????  YUMMY!!!

1 comment: