Blog

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Green Bean Rice Pilaf

My kids love this side dish.  They think it's awsome to have rice, noodles, and green beans all together.  I love this side dish paired with something that has a sauce to go on top.  Sauces just make it much better.

You Need:

3 T. butter
1 c. rice
1 c. spaghetti noodles broken into small pieces OR 1 c. Orzo pasta
2 c. chicken stock
1 c. water
1 c. green beans (fresh or frozen)


In a pot, melt the butter.  Add the rice and pasta.


Cook in the butter until the rice begins to turn a golden color.

Add the chicken stock and water.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low or medium-low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.  Add the green beans (I was going to cut the whole beans to 1 inch long, but I found some French-cut green beans, and I used those instead.).


Stir gently to incorporate, cover, and cook for another 5 minutes.  Fluff with a fork.

Serve alongside just about anything, but I served it with Chicken in Creamy Sauce.  It's so yummy with sauce on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment