Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Deviled Eggs

I always have too many Easter eggs left over.  So, here is how I use them up.  These get gobbled up quick!

You Need:

6 hard boiled eggs
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1 T. red wine vinegar
2-3 T. sweet mustard
2-3 T. sugar
salt and pepper to taste
paprika for sprinkling

Peel eggs and rinse of any shells.  Cut in half lengthwise.  The yolk should easily pop out.  If it doesn't scoop gently with a spoon.

Add mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.


Mix until smooth.  Scoop into a gallon-sized ziplock bag.  Press air out of the bag and seal.  Snip one corner off the bag. 

Fill the egg halves with the yolk mixture.  (Mine turned out a bit runny this time.  I usually estimate all measurements.  This time I estimated too much, but I scaled back on the measurements for the blog.)
Sprinkle the eggs with paprika.


No comments:

Post a Comment