Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Honey Soy Chicken in the Crock Pot

I love my crock pot.  It is such a great kitchen tool.  I go through phases where I'll use it 3-4 times a week.  Then I forget about it, and when I remember to use it again, it's like reconnecting  with a long-lost friend.  So, I'm in a crock pot phase right now.  This recipe is a yummy teriyaki-style chicken.  It's a little sweet and sour.  It's just yummy.  Oh, it's a shorter cooking time than most crock pot recipes--3 hours at longest.


You need:

4-6 Chicken breasts (or as many as  you need to feed your fam)
1 c. honey
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/2 c. ketchup
2 T. vegetable oil
1-2 t. minced garlic
1/2 t. red pepper flakes
1 small chopped onion
Salt and Pepper

FOR SERVING:  Hot, cooked rice and some steamed veggies (I like the Asian style with carrots, broccoli, and snap peas).

Mix together the honey, soy sauce, ketchup, vegetable oil,  garlic, and red pepper flakes.


Place chicken breasts in the crock pot, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle chopped onions over the chicken.


Pour sauce over the top of the chicken.


Cook on high for 1 1/2 hours or low for 3 hours.  Serve with hot cooked rice and steamed vegetables.


Yummy rice-bowl to hit that craving easy peasy!  Plus it's a lot cheaper than take out!

No comments:

Post a Comment