Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Smore's Bars

I am a smore's fanatic.  I LOVE SMORE'S.  Well, I was at a coffee shop called Rembrandt's, and they had Smore's Bars.  I bought two, one for me and one for my hubby.  Well, after I ate both of them, I felt guilty and decided to create my own.  These things are AmAzInG!!  They are so good.  You should definately make them RIGHT NOW.  Don't hesitate; don't finish the show you're watching; don't do it tomorrow; do it now.  SOOOOOOOOO good!

You need:

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. oats
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 t. salt
1/2 t. soda
1 package graham crackers, crushed
1 c. butter, melted
2-3 c. chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate, but dark would be good, too.)
2 7-oz. containers marshmallow fluff

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the first six ingredients together. 




Slowly add the melted butter until completely incorporated.  It will be a crumbly mixture.  If it seems too dry, feel free to add an egg. 


Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.  Pat half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan.  Spraying your hands with cooking spray before patting the dough into the pan makes it easier and less sticky.

Bake for about 6 minutes.  It will not be cooked through.  It will look doughy and puffy.  You don't want to over bake it.  Sprinkle on the chocolate chips.


I didn't have any more chocolate chips, and this didn't look like enough.  So I threw on some mini-MMs to fill in the bare spots.

Spread the marshmallow fluff over the chocolate.  To make it less messy, spray a spatula with cooking spray.  This will help it slide into the fluff and spread it without sticking. 


Crumble the rest of the dough onto the marshmallow fluff. 


Return the pan to the oven for about 10-15 minutes.  Do not over bake.

(I popped the pan under the broiler for a minute to toast the marshmallow.)  Let cool in the pan to make it easier to cut.


Here's a close up of the gooey goodness!

If you throw a bar in the microwave for about 15 seconds, it returns to the gooey warm deliciousness that reminds you of summer, campfires, and playing outside all day long.

No comments:

Post a Comment